Senior EEIS Engineer
Contract 12+ months, M-F 40 hours weekly, working on site in SCIF.
Active Top Secret Clearance is Required
The scope of the End-to-End-Information System (EEIS) includes:
- Definition of the data flow that mission information travels between end user and spacecraft
- Predicting interactions of the environment with space and ground elements on the mission information path affecting quality, quantity, continuity, and latency of the EEIS and engineering how these effects can be minimized
- Planning the end-to-end collection, transport, and delivery of Science, Engineering, Commands, Radiometric, and Ancillary data.
- Identifying the informational elements required to support product process and operations control and management
Skills that are needed in the execution of this specific SOW are:
- Experience in all phases of the design, development, system integration, test and operation of spacecraft and or scientific payloads.
- Experience in conducting and/or participating in a system-level verification program for a complex system
- Experience with development and delivery of system documentation, such as requirements documents, test plans and performance assessments
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated effectiveness in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently under a set schedule.
- Proven ability to establish task priorities and manage change as the project/task evolves in reaction to new requirements.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products
Statement of Work:
- Coordinate the end-to-end planning, design, development, and testing of command and telemetry flowing between space assets and ground mission networks.
- Develop requirements, define interfaces, and create verification plans and processes in order to integrate end-to-end activities and trace requirements, designs, and verification results up to the final, as-built systems.
- Coordinate and develop products that include, but are not limited to: data quality/rate/sizing, data continuity, data compression development and trades, data flow modeling/analysis, and information system test plans.
- Develop test plans intended to verify and stress command sequences, associated responses, and resulting hardware and software states.
- Participate in multidisciplinary and multi-organizational working groups across government and non-government agencies in order to plan and execute end-to-end data testing activities.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary