Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer
Contract 6+ months
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
About the Job
Our client is a trusted, top innovator specializing in the design, development, and production of precision control components and systems. Their products and expertise range from high performance valves and manifolds to complete sub-systems that integrate electronic controls, actuators, and power conditioning systems. We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join the team that is responsible for designing and developing products for aerospace and military weapon systems, which includes missiles, guided rockets, smart munitions, and more. Specifically, the Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for electronic system circuit design, analyses, fabrication management, test, and hands-on work required to mature hardware into a mature qualified and producible product.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity to join one of the most experienced, talented, and fastest growing teams in industry.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Responsible for the overall electronic control unit design.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the customer’s requirements.
- Choosing a design architecture that meets the performance, reliability, and cost targets.
- Detailed design and analysis of the electronic control unit.
- Considering and balancing cost, technical, schedule, and risk.
- Interfacing with the project team and customer(s).
- Daily interaction with engineers, technicians, program management, and other disciplines (manufacturing, quality, etc) as well as frequent contact with suppliers, test facilities, contractors, and customers is required.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering. Advanced technical degree desirable.
- Experience with the design, development, qualification, and production while considering cost, technical, schedule, and risk (5 years of experience minimum).
- Experience with the design and use of architectures, circuits, and components used in electronic control units used in the military / aerospace industry.
- Experienced in the design and analysis of analog, digital, and power conversion circuitry.
- Experience with contributing to proposals for electronic control units (both technical content and cost estimating as relates to the electronic control unit).
- Direct experience with standard aerospace / military development and qualification tests (vibration, shock, humidity, thermal cycling, HALT, etc.).
- Understanding of and familiarity with military, aerospace, and industrial specifications.
- Experience using ECAD schematic design tools.
- Experience running analyses with circuit design and analysis tools.
- Understanding of modern manufacturing techniques for circuit card assemblies.
- Ability to obtain and retain a security clearance.
These skills are a plus:
- Software design and implementation such as ‘C’ for embedded microprocessors / DSPs; and Verilog / VHDL for FPGAs is a plus.
- Individual that takes ownership for work product and enjoys hands-on engagement of hardware from product design through production.
- Good communication skills (written and oral); experienced presenter comfortable giving presentations to peers and customers.
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary