Senior Electrical Systems Engineer - Space Products
Contract M-F 40 hours 6+ months
The Contract Senior Systems Engineer will also be called upon to be a program technical lead or to design new PCBs and FPGAs, as business conditions dictate.
2. As the program technical lead, the engineer will be responsible for the design of avionics to meet or exceed the product’s specifications. This design process includes requirements definition followed by conceptual design and ending with detailed design. The requirements definition also includes the design’s budget and schedule expectations. Conceptual design includes trade studies on high risk portions of the design along with providing early estimates of performance, power and mass.
3. As part of the avionics design, this position requires the ability to design circuit card assemblies. This includes generation of schematics, component placement constraints and routing constraints. As part of this design process, there is a peer review after completion of the schematics and the routed design.
4. As part of this senior systems engineer position, it is preferred that the engineer be capable of FPGA design using VHDL. This includes functional and gate level verification under worst case conditions.
5. The design responsibilities include rigorous analysis and documentation. Some examples of this include: worst case analysis, parts stress analysis, power analysis, static timing, dynamic timing and signal integrity analysis.
6. Responsible for all aspects of the product, not only design, but also working with team members to support procurement, packaging, thermal, structural, manufacturing, software and test. Test support requires experience with initial hardware bring-up, de-bugging and verification. This hardware verification is often performed to correlate with model simulations used with the analysis.
7. Responsible for working with the customer(s) through the design process, including presenting at design reviews to ensure the end product meets the desired specifications and exceeds customer expectations.
8. Responsible for creating required test procedures, reports and maintain documentation.
9. Responsible for mentoring to other engineers.
10. Responsible for providing risk assessment and processes improvement feedback to management.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary