Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Contract 6+ months
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
About the Job
A trusted, top innovator in product design and engineering for global manufacturability needs an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer. Our clients hire us to participate in the design of their newest offerings. Our engineering design services include consumer goods, computing, medical devices and networking products.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity work as part of an outstanding engineering team, see your designs through from concept to finished product and be rewarded for your work
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Design of robots! Lead a mechanical engineering team designing mechatronic products with multiple DOFs, mechanisms, and powered motion.
- Brainstorm, develop, and compare potential product architectures against client metrics.
- Identify and perform critical engineering analyses and tests from concept evaluations to production verifications
- Assist client to define product specifications, develop schedules, estimate resources needed
- Manage budget, schedule, timelines, and deliverables as primary point of contact with clients. Coordinate work with other engineers across multiple offices.
- BSME required, MSME preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of technical system level design experience – including architectural definition through designing custom components and performing engineering analyses
- Mechanism design experience in 1 or more of the following markets:
- Robotics, Consumer, Medical, Aerospace, Semiconductor, Automation
- Hands on Project Management of at least 1 full New Product Development cycle
- ME analysis experience in kinematics, structural, tolerance
- Proficient in CAD (Solidworks or Pro/E preferred)
- Experience with a full product development cycle, bringing at least one product design from conceptual design through volume production
- Subject matter expertise in at least one tooled volume production process
These skills are a plus:
- Hands-on practical performance in shop/lab work
- Design for manufacturability (high/low volume)
- Project and Technical Reporting
Job Status: Contract/Temporary