Senior Quality Development Engineer
Jen Gleason is the recruiter on this role.
Six plus month assignment. Monday - Friday, 40/hrs.
Responsible for supplier development, supporting procurement, and supporting supplier quality improvements. Performs supplier audits, source inspections, and supplier performance analysis activities.
- Work with suppliers in 3 key supplier development value streams: Selection, Product Realization & Supplier Performance. Collaborate with cross fictional team members and lead functional activities within these work streams:
- On-site assessment and evaluation of potential supplier manufacturing capability and quality system competency
- Component risk analysis based on design, manufacturing, and customer requirement complexity
- Manufacturing Design Feasibility Review as part of RFQ process
- Product Realization
- Lead Product Realization (e.g. APQP) elements of identified high risk components with the supplier to ensure quality requirements.
- Utilize appropriate administrative tools to track and document launch progress
Ensure supplier First article Inspection packages are submitted to project timing requirements with 100% site approval first pass yield
- Supplier Performance
- Lead commodity supplier metrics and conduct monthly scorecard of assigned suppliers with site supplier quality leads
- 50%+ travel and ability to travel with less than 48hr notice – mostly East Coast, but there are a couple of Mid-West sites. Client will book the travel, car rental, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to understand military specifications and to read blue prints with GD&T background
- U.S. Citizenship It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary