Senior Sensor Electronics
Contract 12+ months, 40 hours weekly
Active Secret Clearance Required. Must be willing to work onsite a number of days per week. There may be some limited opportunity for WFH.
In this position you will work closely with multi-disciplinary teams designing, developing, and verifying electronics for state-of-the-art sensors and actuators used in a wide array of applications. These projects are executed with a heavy emphasis on high performance, low size, weight, and power consumption. As a senior member of the Instrumentation, Analog, & Power Electronics Group you will help shape hardware architectures and lead electronics development activities by applying sound engineering and project management principles.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics and 7+ years of experience in the design and development of analog and mixed signal circuitry and systems.
- 3+ years of experience in design, integration, and/or testing of sensors (preferably inertial) and sensor systems.
- Schematic capture and printed circuit board layout experience.
- Ability to perform circuit simulation using Spice or variants.
- System modeling and analysis experience using MATLAB, Simulink, or other comparable tools.
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Physics.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: low-noise electronics, analog-digital conversion, methods of synchronous detection, analog and digital signal processing, phase-locked loops, motor control and drive circuits.
- Microelectronics development experience in Cadence Virtuoso.
- Experience with component selection and design of electronic hardware for space and/or hostile radiation environments.
- Experience in design for harsh physical and electromagnetic environments as embodied in military standards such as MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-810, etc.
- Knowledge of system grounding/shielding and EMI mitigation techniques.
- Experience working with discrete semiconductor devices, such as: MOSFETs, IGBTs, BJTs, JFETs, diodes, etc.
Active Secret Clearance Required.It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.