Senior Software Engineering Manager
Our client is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide
As a Software Engineering Manager: Responsibilities include leading a team whose teams of engineers are responsible for the planning, design and implementation of software for our client's products.
This leader will drive the efficiency and effectiveness of software engineering activities in both proposing and executing software engineering work for demanding of customers. in
* She/He must have a proven track record of developing application software for controls; embedded software on microprocessors, DSPs and microcontrollers; as well as high speed programmable logic designs deployed in CPLDs, FPGAs and SoC platforms.
* This leader will leverage both internal and external resources as needed and will drive quality, productivity and predictability in all that the team delivers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the supervision of 8-12 individual contributors. You will also be responsible for managing out-sourced work where appropriate.
· Travel to (US) and interact with customers, suppliers and vendors as needed.
· Establish software/firmware project plans and project tracking metrics
· Manage budget, cost, and schedule of assigned areas in conjunction with the Program Management Office
* 15+ years of industry experience; 5+ years’ software leadership experience.
* Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science degree or equivalent
A big plus:
* Ability to convert technical and functional requirements into a software concept and architecture
* Familiarity with Agile software development techniques and the deployment of such techniques in a traditional Waterfall based business