Senior Staff Systems Engineer
Contract, 40 hours weekly 6+ months
Position is REMOTE with 10% to 20% Travel as needed
The Senior Staff Systems Engineer is responsible for systems engineering work products such as systems engineering management plan, requirement management, system analysis and simulation models, and documents. The work products will be produced and maintained in a reasonable time frame in accordance to budgeted hours and schedule. The engineer shall promptly alert management (program manager) in the event the engineer predicts a budget or schedule over-run. Continuous team improvement to increase work efficiency and work product accuracy is required by the engineer including mentoring and training of others. The engineer shall enlist the help of other disciplines and departments when necessary, such as program management, production, supply chain, quality and finance.
Essential or Primary / Key Responsibilities:
- Coordinating the creation of requirements tracing in DOORS.
- Generate and maintain systems models in Matlab.
- Perform and complete SDRLs and other documents regarding System modeling, Requirements Traceability, Plans, and other related systems engineering deliverables.
- Maintain and improve tracking & reporting of requirements changes by informing program team members in writing.
- Ensure accuracy of engineering, SDRL, and requirements related documents by review and commenting.
- Communicate technical and schedule problems, in a timely manner, to Engineering Manager / Director, Contracts Administrator, and Program Manager when applicable.
- Manage all duties according to company and industry standards.
- Supervision/oversight of other engineers and engineering assistants, documentation personnel, design and test personnel on project activities as required.
- Knowledge in electromechanical systems design is preferred.
Additional Duties / Responsibilities:
- Bring initiatives and activities to closure in a timely manner through effective interaction with individuals, both internal and external to the Marotta organization (as required).
- Abide by all safety, quality, housekeeping and company policies/procedures to ensure compliance to all regulatory and internal system requirements.
- Contribute to a positive and cooperative work environment through effective communication at all levels internal and external to the organization
- Actively participate in team meetings, improvement initiatives/programs, etc. and support actions to drive company initiatives/goals
- Assist in the training of personnel to perform required technical tasks (as directed)
- Consistently demonstrate commitment to company values
- Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensure that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- B.S. Engineering is required
- 6+ years’ experience in mechanical, electrical, software or applicable systems engineering
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills required for multi-faceted interactions with all levels of personnel within the organization, as well as outside agents, including but not limited to; vendors, suppliers, customers, potential job candidates, etc.
- Highly computer literate, with MS Office/PC expertise, and demonstrated experience with applicable systems, programs, equipment, etc.
- IBM Rational DOORS experience.
- Mathworks Matlab Simulink experience.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Reliability and Safety analyses of electronics and hardware.
- Software requirements management and tracing.
- Electronic Parts Management experience is a plus.
- MatLab/Simulink feedback control system model operation is a plus.
- Brushless DC motor experience is a plus.