Senior Structure/Dynamics Engineer
Active Top Secret Clearance, SCI Eligible is required
US Citizen only
Contract Assignment- 12+ Months
M-F 40 hours weekly
Our Client has developed a reputation throughout the world as a company whose people and products are at the forefront of the aerospace/Defense industry. We have consistently demonstrated our ability to meet ever more demanding challenges be they technical, schedule or cost. This directly reflects the creativity, work ethic and remarkable attention to purpose of our people.
Essential Functions & Qualifications:
The selected candidate shall:
• Interact in a collaborative environment with a larger modeling team, external organizations, and customers.
• Integrate lower level Finite Element Models (FEMs) into a system level model
• Perform structural analysis, including modal, acoustic, static, loads generation, stress analysis, acceleration predictions, and disturbance propagation. (This speaks to the variety of discipline specific analytical skills that feed into a larger multi-disciplinary simulation)
• Synthesize simulation results into risk assessment, design trades, and performance assessments.
• Prepare documentation and participate in reviews, representing customer interests as presenter and/or reviewer.
• Participate in requirements development and sell-off. (this speaks to the systems engineering aspect of the assignment)
Education and Experience:
BS/MS or PhD.
• Generation of low frequency loads and high frequency environments using industry standard practices
• Review of requirements and associated verification methods for complex aerospace systems
• Analysis of mechanical structures for space applications and their associated dynamics.
• Performance of modal, random vibration, acoustic, and static testing.
• Proficiency in the application of Femap, Matlab, NX Nastran and classical hand analyses for the creation of models and their validation, and the simulation of operational and test scenarios.
Welcome but not required experience:
• CAD experience using Siemens NX
• Familiarity with VAOne (Acoustics)
Job Status: Contract/Temporary