Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
The Senior Supplier Quality engineer:
6-12 month contract assignment with a conversion arrangement already in place.
US or Green Card required
Background check and drug test are required.
- Applies and maintains the standards for manufacturing, supplier quality, design, and integration of materials into finished products.
- Works across all product lines to analyze non-conforming parts and processes, participate with material dispositions, arrange containment actions and supplier corrective action requests. Works with purchasing to resolve supplier issues and prevent their reoccurrence.
- Lead and improve Supply Chain teams and processes to review/release supplier requirements, develop supplier QA/Control plans, and audit their compliance, as needed. Responsible for maintaining and reporting Supplier Quality metrics and associated improvement program plans.
- The position manages supplier quality performance and supplier corrective action request (SCAR) responsiveness.
- This role collaborates with a range of internal departments, external partners, suppliers, and customers utilizing excellent communication skills, and a passion for excellence, integrity, innovation, and success.
· You will be responsible for handling reported product non-conformances and providing feedback to internal / external customers
· Initiates corrective action for control and elimination of supplier and process related deficiencies.
· Takes an active role in the management of suppliers, providing supplier engineering support to operations, purchasing. Leads supplier continuous improvement plans with buyers.
· Creates or modifies Supplier QA control plans and associated First-Article or Ongoing inspection to ensure receipt of acceptable products, materials and/or services.
· Review design/purchasing documentation to ensure accurate quality criteria and provisions to guarantee supplier delivery of acceptable products, materials and/or services.
· Participate in Supplier certification, process and/or corrective action audits, as required.
· May lead and/or participate in Root-cause investigations and associated Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA/RCCA) and Continuous Improvement projects to deliver consistent favorable results.
· When assigned, support performance reviews of complex medical and security products and processes, installation processes, manufacturing processes, software, hardware, and operator documentation.
· Reviews product/process changes proposed through the engineering change order process.
· Performs QA reviews of engineering documentation, factory procedures and field procedures
· Utilizes a combination of data collection, data analysis, SPC and creative test approaches to verify products meet all design requirements including PFMEA studies.
· Supports facility inspections/audits by customers and regulatory agencies.
· Leads Lean/Six Sigma and other Quality Improvement projects.
· Must be willing to travel up to 10%.
Education & Experience:
· A Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience required. Masters engineering, operations and/or supply chain management preferred.
· 4-8 years of experience in Supply Chain and/or Product engineering associated with Semiconductor, defense, or other large complex capital equipment manufacturing
· Product performance reporting to management & customer experience is required
· Experience overseeing Discrepant Material Disposition (MRB) and oversight
· Experience overseeing Supplier scorecards, root-cause corrective actions and process control agreements
· Experience with Lean & Six Sigma is required. Green belt or black belt certification is highly desired.
· Significant experience with root cause and corrective action is required.
· Experience leading process improvement teams to a successful completion.
· Supplier Control plan creation, validation and auditing preferred.
· Experienced with creating test plans, procedures, and reports for X-ray, Medical or high-tech capital equipment preferred
· ASQ Quality Engineer or equivalent certification a plus.
Other Abilities desired:
· Ability to critically analyze product requirements to determine compliance by our production systems.
· Experience with Supplier Interactions and Feedback. Oversight of Supplier Corrective Actions requests and their effective resolution.
· Ability to analyze, measure, develop, and maintain Internal & Supplier Continuous Improvement programs
· Familiar with precision measurements and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
· Understands electrical design principles, manufacturing standards, and test methodologies.
· Familiarity with electro-mechanical assembly workmanship standards
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications required. Project, Visio, and Access experience a plus.
· Experience with ERP and CRM systems a plus.
· Knowledge of product development processes, state-of-the art inspection techniques, factory and field metrics, calibration, procedures, instruments, and equipment is required.
· In depth knowledge of product/quality development and control methods; Lean, Six Sigma, SPC, APQP, DFMEA, PFMEA, Copy Exact, Process Performance metrics, 8D, CAPA/RCCA required. DfX, DfSS, Design of Experiments (DOE), a plus
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.