Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer
Contract 3+ Months (Potential to Extend)
M-F 40 hours weekly
NOTE: U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident Status is required
Work in a fast-paced environment, participating on engineering teams designing, testing, integration, and development support of next generation robotic systems for the U.S. Military. The systems engineer is responsible for logical and systematic transformation of customer requirements and needs into a total system solution using the best of practice processes and techniques. The candidate will be the primary technical interface with the customer on all processes involved in systems engineering. They will be a hands-on person that will work closely with multi-disciplined integrated product teams consisting of program managers, software, mechanical, electrical, process, and manufacturing engineers throughout the product’s lifecycle including requirements development, design, verification/validation, deployment and sustainment.
The candidate will be capable of performing a wide range of systems engineering functions, including requirements management, verification and validation (V&V), and test engineering, using expert knowledge of systems engineering or systems engineering management processes to guide product development teams. Knowledge and experience in systems engineering is also desired in the following areas: mission requirements analysis, system hierarchy and specification tree development, functional analysis, systems integration, requirements flowdown and allocation, trade studies, system synthesis, configuration definition and management, risk analysis, and hazard analysis.
This candidate must have a proven track record as a systems engineer working on DoD development programs or in the field of robotics. This person may also support systems logistics and lifecycle management tasks as well as support various process improvement initiatives within the group.
• The development of requirements, technical analyses against those, and traceability.
• The development of system test/validation docs, safety analysis reports, system FMEAs and system FTAs
• Creating product design description documentation
• Support the development of software test plans and test applications
• Running a system reliability program; gathering and analyzing reliability data
• Managing key product performance factors at a system level
• Support testing, debug and production of digital and analog systems
• Verifying and validating system and component performance to specifications
• Support dev of test fixtures to validate complex systems & components
• Support software troubleshooting and resolving issues
• Support implementing and updating design processes
• BS Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering , Electrical-Mechanical Engineering, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering; MS preferred.
• 5+ years of relevant industry experience
• Experience with DOD systems and/or prior work in the field of robotics
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment, and work independently to manage priorities and tasks over multiple projects
• Experience with requirements management and traceability
• Experience with validation of complex systems
• Strong knowledge of electrical hardware and software design and development
• Experience in system reliability analysis using both calculated values and data
• Working knowledge of: MIL-STD-882, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464
• Experience generating an FMEA and supporting data, along with proposing improvements based on FMEA output
• Familiar with test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, signal sources, spectrum analyzers, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with DOORS or an equivalent Requirement Management tool
• Knowledge and experience with DOD, SAE, IEEE, and/or IPC standards
• Working knowledge with LINUX and WINDOWS Operation Systems
• Experience with of embedded device such as Microcontrollers, DSPs, or FPGAs with VHDL or Verilog
• Experience with software programming (C, C++ and/or C#)
• Experience with sensor integration and signal conditioning
• Experience w/ automation and/or integration with automotive or military vehicles
• Experience w/ radio comms integration &/or knowledge of RF/wireless principals
• Familiarity with CMMI Level 3 Processes
• Experience with Windchill
• Familiar with Data Collection and Analysis tools – MATLAB, LabView
• Working knowledge of ECAD tools – ORCAD, Altium, PADS, etc.
• Working knowledge of MCAD tools – PTC Creo, Solidworks, etc.