Senior Test Engineer - ATE/SE
Senior Test Engineer – ATE/SE
Contract 6+ months 40 hours weekly... Some flexibility as to work week, example: 4X10 or 4X9+4 Friday
Role is 100% on site, with reimbursement for travel between Parsippany and Montville, NJ
Must be a US Citizen
ATE Electrical Engineer, to provide TPS Test Code development for multiple Business Units, including the Power & Control Actuation Systems (PAS) / Space & Marine Lines of Business. Applicant should have a strong background as an Electrical Engineer, and possess a demonstrated ability in designing, developing, and deploying complex C#/C++ test applications.
Essential or Primary / Key Responsibilities:
Primary Responsibilities include developing automated TPS SW, manual tools, and utilities for new TE, as well as debugging and modifying existing TPS SW for new tests, features, etc. The incumbent will work closely with the new product development team for the Prime Mission Equipment, providing tools for them to communicate, interrogate, and test the new product, enabling them to use early feedback on their designs. He/She will then continue to provide the tools and automation for the DVT, Qual, and Production phases of the project. Inputs to all formal Review packages, such as TE Gate events (TE SRR, TE CDR, TE Validation), will be included.
- Bachelor’s degree in EE w/ 15 Years of Test Equipment SW development experience
- A minimum of 15 years of formal ATE development experience, along with a high level of expertise in the ATE specialty domain is required. Subject areas of demonstrated ability include Test Executives, TPS Test Code, Equipment Drivers, Hardware Abstraction Layers, TE and End-Item Integration, Requirements Analysis, and Design Review material preparation. ATE HW (EE) knowledge, with respect to manual and automated control of typical test instrumentation is a must. Product knowledge of Power Distribution Units and Control and Actuation Systems is a plus.
- Hardware Support: Signal Generators, Power Meters/Analyzers, Data Acquisition and Control Systems, DMMs, Scopes, High Voltage P/Ss, Analog I/O, Digital I/O, PXI
- Software Support: C/C++/C#, Real-Time OS, Flex-RIO, Word/Excel Automation, SQL, SQL Automation, Visio, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint
- Interface Protocol Support: IEEE-488, I²C, SPI, USB, CAN, RS-485/422/232, Serial, TCP/IP, J-TAG
- Must be a US Citizen
Additional Skills Preferred:
- TPS Project Planning, Monitoring, and Reporting
- Training, Guidance, and Mentoring of Junior Engineers
- Cohesive Collaboration with Program Teams
- Ability to Assemble and Present Professional Technical Packages/Reports