Senior Test Engineer
The Senior Test Engineer:
- You will to develop verification strategies and approaches, help qualify tools for use, and support the broader team as needed.
- The primary responsibilities of the Senior Test Engineer will include: feature acceptance & integration testing, automation, and system-level verification testing of complex products in regulated markets. Verification efforts will involve test planning, execution, and monitoring, analysis of test results, and submission of defects – following the processes of a well-defined Quality Management System. Testing responsibilities in this role may vary with each project, and encompass multiple technical disciplines (software, embedded software, electrical, and electro-mechanical systems testing).
- You will assist with test estimation, planning & execution of complex systems in a regulated product environment,
· Act as Test Lead on specific projects, supporting the larger project team, and report on project test status, and quality metrics,
· Analyze technical requirements, form testing strategies, and create detailed test cases and procedures,
· Interface at times with clients and client-facing teams providing test input on proposals,
· Support special initiatives as a member of the Test Engineering team – to improve process, investigate and qualify tools, develop test frameworks or techniques to benefit future projects,
· And occasionally travel to client locations (Local to Boston area) to assess testing needs with software and hardware in scope for the project.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline,
· 5+ years’ experience working as a Test Engineer in a multidisciplinary project team environment,
· Demonstrated technical aptitude for Test Engineering, with advanced knowledge and/or training in software development or hardware engineering,
· Experience in testing various complex systems including medical devices, enterprise software, mobile applications, embedded software, or system level testing of capital equipment,
· Capable of developing verification plans and estimates,
· Experience with requirements management and test case management tools,
· Experience with quality systems and regulated design standards such as ISO 9000, ISO 13485, IEC 62304, DO-178, DO-254,
· Strong communication and problem solving skills,
· Occasional travel (up to 25% - Local to the Boston area only),
· Experience in test automation supporting either embedded, desktop, web or mobile technologies is also helpful but not required.It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.