Sensor Test Engineer
Sensor Test Engineer
Contract 6+ months
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
About the job
We are seeking a talented and motivated contract Sensor Test Engineer to work with the the robotics team to test and evaluate sensor and sensor systems. The ideal candidate will have a commitment to high quality testing, be a self-starter, good attention to detail, past experience with developing test plans / procedures and executing tests, creating test reports, and experience writing Python scripts for post-processing data. This candidate must have the ability to work well both independently and in team settings.
- BS Electrical Engineering (or similar field).
- 3+ years of Test Engineering experience.
- Able to work independently with little guidance.
- Able to dive deep, take complete ownership of testing a product autonomously, and bring a project to completion.
- Able to develop detailed test plans, procedures, and reports.
- Able to review various industry standards and develop test cases based upon them.
- Able to develop test fixtures and procure test equipment in order to execute tests.
- Able to troubleshoot and debug test systems and automation solutions from a software and hardware perspective in full autonomy.
- Experience assembling mechanical assemblies and test fixtures.
- Experience with specifying environmental testing including temperature, vibration, shock, humidity, etc.
- Experience programming with Python.
- Able to execute tasks to aggressive schedules.
- Experience with imaging systems and camera technology is highly desirable.
- Experience with optical power meters, integrating spheres and other optical measurement devices a plus.
- Experience with mmWave radar technology and testing a plus.
- Programming experience with Matlab and C/C++ is highly desirable.
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary