Software Design Engineer
Software Design Engineer 2
Contract 12-18 Months, M-F 40 hours weekly
The Development & Engineering Department of our client is currently searching for a talented software engineer to design and implement embedded software for systems among the highest precision ever produced in the world.
The software you will be working on is related to robotics, image processing, complex algorithms, GUIs and application software. You will be working with electrical engineers, mechatronic engineers and system engineers to define the software requirements.
After that you will be making a software design and document it using UML. All this is discussed and reviewed with your software team.
After your sw design is approved you are responsible for implementing the design in C for existing modules and C++ for new modules. A single module is roughly a 100.000 lines of code.
Auto and unit testers are written in Python. During the testing you will collect the necessary data so you can write a test report. This test report is then reviewed and when it is approved your software will be released to our customers such as Intel, Samsung, AMD, Sony and Toshiba.
In a matter of days our customers will now be running with your software. The development environment is Red Hat Linux, execution environment is Wind River Linux.
The software release driving our clients machine is about 60 million lines of code. Our client sw teams work in various modes such as optimized waterfall model, Agile and concurrent engineering.
Skills and Experiences
• At least 3 years of software engineering experience
• Minimum 1 year Unix programming experience, preferably on Solaris or Linux
• C/C++ programming experiences, with an emphasis on embedded system programming
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills
• A passion for programming and software engineering
• Experience or proven ability in technical specifications
• Experience or proven ability in designing software
• Experience with Agile methodologies is a plus
• Experience in Python is a plus
• Experience in Clearcase is a plus
• Experience with git is a plus
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related technical discipline
Job Status: Contract/Temporary