Software Design Engineer
Software Design Engineer
Contract 12-18 months, M-F 40 hours weekly
Role starts remote and will transition to on site. Timeframe TBD.
As a Sr Software Design Engineer your responsibility includes:
- Working in a team of highly skilled software engineers responsible for developing software that enables the ever increasing miniaturization of semiconductor technology.
- Using Agile methodology to develop the software using C and/or C++.
- Creating architecture and designs that are modular, scalable, robust and meet customer requirements.
- Perform unit testing and on target testing to ensure the software meets the high quality standards our customers expect.
You will also participate in continuous process improvement activities aimed at ensuring the processes and tools used throughout software development lifecycle are increasing the team’s ability to develop high quality software in the most efficient manner.
Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- At least eight years of experience in C and/or C++.
- Experience working on the Linux and/or Solaris platforms.
- Good understanding of statistics, software system design and distributed architectures.
- Extensive experience in embedded software development.
- Thinks creative, out of the box, self-starting, fast learner, good coder and designer.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.