Software Development Test Engineer
Contract 12-18 months M-F 40 hours weekly
100% Remote to start... Unknown time to transition to on site due to Covid-19.
You will work in the Test & Integration (T&I) group in a Department of highly skilled software engineers responsible for developing software that enables the ever increasing miniaturization of semiconductor technology. In order to provide the most value to the customer as early as possible, the T&I team uses Agile methodology to develop the verification software: written in C or Python. As part of continuous integration, the team creates the verification code to ensure the product software meets the high quality standards our customers expect.
You will also participate in continuous improvement of process & automation, aimed at ensuring the processes and tools used throughout the T&I group are increasing the team’s ability to verify the quality of customer software in the most efficient manner.
Undergraduate degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years embedded software test & verification experience.
- Minimum of one year experience writing Python code.
- Experience translating requirements into test cases.
- Experience working on Linux and/or Unix platforms.
- Experience in embedded software development.
- Experience with C or C++.
- Ability to decompose functional requirements into tests.
- Strong software development skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, customer focused and multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.