Contract 12+ months
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
About the Job
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Vehicle Data and Analytics group. Specifically this software engineer will develop data collection and edge computing prototypes.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity work as part of an outstanding Vehicle Data and Analytics team within a highly respected and cutting edge automotive company.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Design and/or Implement test frameworks, best-in-class test tools and applications.
- Develop and execute unit tests, scripts and applications as needed.
- Continually improve your craft by researching new test/validation methodologies.
- Define the end-to-end test strategy and collaborate with the team on test-case generation.
- 4+ years of experience with Linux (Expert Level)
- 4+ years of experience with C++ Programming Language (Expert Level)
- Minimum 4 Years of applicable work experience
- Solid skills and experiences C++ and C# with Visual Studio, as well as with the Linux environment.
- Experience with scripting languages such as widows shell, Linux shell scripting and python, etc.
- Working knowledge of software test methodologies, processes, tools, and automated testing.
- Software development experience using Test-Driven Development
- Experience working in agile software development teams, e.g. SCRUM
- Ability to investigate and debug problems
- Previous experience cross compiling
- End to end experience.
These skills are a plus:
- Experience with C++ STL, Boost library, CMake, C++ logging framework and design patterns.
- Experience developing software on embedded systems.
- Experience with and knowledge in data analytics and machine learning models.
- Experience with code coverage tools and decision coverage tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience.
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary