Software Engineer – Autonomous Systems
Contract 12+ months
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
About the Job
Our client develops advanced technologies for navigation, mission planning and AI-enabled autonomy systems for the Aerospace and Defense industries. Our solutions enable unmanned systems across air, ground, maritime and space domains to ensure mission effectiveness. We are looking for early career Software Engineers to join our team and help develop, implement and test C/C++ code for autonomous systems.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity work as part of an outstanding software engineering team in collaboration with some of the brightest research engineers developing cutting edge autonomous systems technology.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Perform systems and software engineering that supports AI, Robotics, Cognitive Systems, Machine Learning or related fields, with demonstrated experience in Autonomous Vehicles, Behavior-based Robotics, or other Unmanned/Autonomous Systems development.
- Contribute to the development, integration and field testing of software systems in these areas.
- Work as part of a team to design large scale software architectures that implement autonomy, AI, and machine learning algorithms and software systems for embedded unmanned multi-vehicle autonomy.
- Support development, integration and test of algorithms and software for unmanned aerial, surface, undersea, and ground systems.
- 2+ years experience in integration and test of advanced AI, Robotics, Machine Learning, and/or Autonomy capabilities for Unmanned Systems
- Proficiency with C/C++ and either Python or Matlab
- Experience with CUDA and GPU runtime optimization
- MSc with 2-3 years experience or BSc with 3-5 years experience in Software Engineering
These skills are a plus:
- Proficiency with standard libraries used for AI, robotics, computer vision, and/or machine learning (e.g., ROS, MOOS, scikit, etc.)
- Experience in Human Systems Integration (HSI), User Interfaces (UI), Multi-Vehicle Tasking, and/or Mission Planning for Unmanned Systems
- Experience with systems and software engineering processes (software planning, design, development tools, configuration management, test and QA methods, ISO9001, CMMI).
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary