Graphics Driver Performance Engineer
Contract 6+ Months
Mon – Fri 40 hours/week
About the Job
The Graphics Driver Performance Engineer will be part of the graphics driver software engineering team, working close to the GPU Hardware and kernel mode driver teams on multiple high-performance graphics APIs including OpenGL, D3D and Vulkan driver development for GPU/APU products. The position will focus on analyzing and optimizing the CPU execution paths on Windows based systems for performance but may involve analysis or optimization on Linux as well. You will develop graphics drivers for next-gen of GPU/APU hardware and support next-gen of operation systems, including SW design, development, analyzing performance bottlenecks, debugging and fixing issues and influencing SW design for performance.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity work with an outstanding ASIC CPU/GPU company.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Design develop and debug OpenGL/D3D/Vulkan drivers
- Design and implement features for next-gen GPU/APU with performance in mind
- Identify and fix issues related to performance in low-level driver code
- Maintain current driver and improve performance.
- BS/MS/Ph.D degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or an equivalent.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills including coding for fast execution using light weight data structures and efficient algorithms, bit manipulation, pointer, array, class, virtual function, etc
- In depth knowledge of modern CPUs
- Experience with uProf or VTune and a demonstrated capability to improve run-time CPU performance in a large existing code base
- Understanding of C/C++ compiler mapping to machine code for efficiency and compiler optimization strategies
- Working knowledge of GPU operation and at least one 3D graphics or GPU compute API
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.