C++ Software Engineer
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
Stoneham, MA or Reston, VA
*Position will start REMOTE but will eventually go onsite in MA or DC
About the Job
Our client is looking for a C++ Software Engineer with robotics or unmanned vehicles software experience, preferably defense-related, especially with a maritime or AI specialization. We are putting unmanned underwater vehicles (UUVs) into the water to autonomously perform sensing tasks. This position requires U.S. Citizenship and eligibility for U.S. Dept. of Defense Security Clearance.
- Work as part of a team to design, implement, and test autonomy, AI, robot planning and optimization, machine learning algorithms, and software systems for embedded unmanned multi-vehicle autonomy
- Integrate algorithms and software modules onto real-world unmanned aerial, surface, undersea, and ground platforms
- Contribute technical materials for proposals, white papers, and publications
- Present technical results to internal and external customers
- 3-10 years C++ coding experience.
- 4+ years experience in advanced R+D of AI for Robotics, Machine Learning, Robot Planning/ Optimization Techniques, and/or Autonomous Unmanned Systems Software
- Experience implementing AI and/or Machine Learning algorithms on real-world robot or vehicle prototypes
- Proficiency with C/C++/Java (C++ preferred) and either Python or Matlab.
- Experience in ROS (Robot Operating System) or in military networking and messaging standards like JAUS, STANAG 4586, DDS, FACE, UCS, UCI, and OMS
- Experience in Human Systems Integration (HSI), User Interfaces (UI), Multi-Vehicle Tasking, and/or Mission Planning for Unmanned Systems
- Experience with systems/software engineering processes, including development tools, configuration management, SysML/UML, DevOps, and test/QA methods
Salary is competitive with market rates, with annual bonus awards based on company and individual performance. Benefits package includes 401K, Health/Life/Disability Insurance.
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.