Six to twelve month assignment with conversion opportunity.
Remote work and occasionally onsite when needed (local/occasional commute for onsite work will be necessary).
US Citizenship is required - no dual citizenships allowed.
- Background Check, Credit check and CFIUS check are both required.
Our client is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to supports large scale enterprise software solutions. A managed services Engineer engages on escalations from the front line team. You will debug issues, and develop code fixes as necessary to keep our customer environments running optimally. In addition, the sustaining engineering team will also work on Change requests from our customers. This will include developing & testing the code, and deploying into the respective environments. Depending on issues in the fielded software, there may be some instances where after-hours or weekend work is required.
You will work on a team of developers and QA engineers
• Provide analysis, design, software changes/enhancements and bug fixes as needed
• Troubleshoot and resolve defects and issues in fielded software, configuration and database related issues in an Enterprise environment
• Rework/remediate existing software
• Interaction with hardware peripherals and software drivers
• Create/update technical engineering documentation
• Interact with other developers, Systems Engineers, Program Managers, QA Engineers, and Application Engineers
• Java, J2EE, JSP, EJB
• XML, XSD, XSLT, JSON
• UNIX and Windows OS
• C++, • Agile Experience, • Jira, • SQL Server, • Oracle, • Crystal Reports, • Eclipse IDE, • IBM WebSphere / Tomcat
• BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent in a technical field
• A minimum of 5 years experience in software development
• Good oral and written communication skillsIt is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.