Software Engineering Project Leader
Software Engineering Project Leader
Direct Hire (PERM)
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
*Remote to start due to COVID-19
About the Job
Our client is a market leader in testing, characterization, and understanding of advanced materials in extreme environments. From advanced carbon-carbon composites to complex refractory metals, our client brings world-class expertise and test facilities to the challenges facing government and commercial customers in the aerospace, defense, and industrial sectors.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates.
- Opportunity work as part of an outstanding R&D team to develop new products and features related to computer vision and image processing.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
Duties include:This position leads and participates in the software and electrical design of products. Technical responsibilities vary by project; however, the position must have a command of all software engineering fundamentals and understand how they are applied to simple, reliable design.
- Provide technical leadership in various research and development activities.
- Develop state-of-art integrated software/electrical designs from concept development, manufacturing, and deployment in the field.
- Lead the software development team and mentor junior engineers.
- Serve as a principal investigator for one or more projects.
- Support and lead proposal developments.
- Support and lead business development efforts.
- Development of presentation material.
- Drive breakthrough ideas and world-class research on advanced technology projects.
- Develop/revise change plans for projects to ensure successful implementation/utilization.
- Invent, develop, and document highest impact future use scenarios to identify and verify opportunities.
- Extend on existing design research by creating systems rapidly with a series of working prototypes.
- Conduct technology evaluation and assessment of software and hardware tools, component technologies, and systems.
- Lead collaborations with group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers (hardware & software), interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers.
- Identify and make design tradeoffs.
- Provide technical support to validation efforts.
- Provide technical training to product development group members
- Schematic capture.
- Communicate with layout team for optimization.
- Board bring-up and integration with firmware/software.
- Evaluate electrical components at prototype and production phases.
- Manage project related bill of materials.
- Work with mechanical and software teams to understand constraints.
- Manage and resolve technical issues and project task delegation.
- Ensure individual responsibilities within projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
- Supervise and train project team members as necessary.
- Participate in and contribute to the competitive analysis efforts.
- Participate in and contribute to the benchmarking efforts.
- Participate in and contribute to the intellectual property related activities, such as patents.
- US Citizenship required.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain security clearance at a level equivalent to Department of Defense (DOD) SECRET
- MS Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in systems engineering concepts (requirements definition, allocation, verification, architecture design and trade design)
- 3 years leadership experience in technical research with a minimum of 3 direct reports
- Demonstrable experience in one or more of the following: digital communication theory and systems, software design, algorithm design and implementation, or systems engineering principles.
- Proficiency in C, C++ or C#
- Advanced knowledge of digital signal processing
- Phd in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with:
- Image Processing
- Embedded Programming
- Electrical Hardware Design
- FPGA Design Experience
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.