Software Integration Engineer - SD
Software Integration Engineer
Contract 12-18 months, 40 hours weekly
Flexible work schedule: Flexible: can work remote first 3 months–hybrid schedule thereafter 3 on/2 off
The candidate skillset we are expecting:
- Strong testing knowledge & background in Embedded systems.
- Ability to run tests, collect logs, analyze them and send out report emails on a regular basis.
- Test automation - Python or Perl experience and C, C++ preferred
- Client source software/CPD development or testing knowledge – preferred
- Good documentation, presentation and emailing skills (MS office).
- Fast learner, highly motivated, engagement with the team & good communication skills.
Role and responsibilities
We are looking for a highly talented individual to join our software quality assurance team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, creating, and executing Software Test Plan and Test Cases, also designing, building and improving test automation and test ecosystem and infrastructure that are leading the way in assuring high quality of Clients world-class product. You will be challenged with high skill QA testing methodologies and will have the opportunity to work with software developers and hardware engineers on a regular basis.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics, or equivalent experience.
- 0 to 2 years in commercial software product development and/or testing.
- Good understanding of operating system, relational database, concurrent, network protocols, and file system management.
- Programming skills in Python and shell scripting.
- Hands-on working experience in Linux.
- Very strong understanding of software lifecycle and quality engineering methodology.
- Creating test plans and test cases with high functionality requirement coverage.
- Designing tests and analyzing results.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive with a strong sense of ownership.
- Good numerical analysis and logic thinking skill.
- Strong team-orientation.