Software Project Manager, Contract
Software Project Manager, Contract
40 Hours weekly, 18+ Months M-F
Onsite minimum 3 days on/2 off
As a Software Project Lead, the mission is to manage and deliver quality software that satisfy the customer requirement on time and on budget, while balancing the project triple constraint and managing project risks and stakeholders.
Role and responsibilities
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects.
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with program management and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support.
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Manage risks and (internal) customer requirements.
- Define deliverables for engineers.
- Align with cross-projects on regular basis to ensure on time delivery of module.
- Communicate upward and downward on regular basis.
- Hold regular meetings to provide information, identify interdependencies, secure cross-sector alignment and agreements.
- Manage project structure.
- Set up a team structure that reflects the work content.
- Work with architects to define the project scope and required budget.
- Understand proper escalation paths and act accordingly.
- Delegate tasks and follow up.
- Keep daily control.
- Understand how own module links to the total machine.
- Is able to assess and address technical risk based on team input from architects and design engineers.
- Respond to requests for changes with impact assessment and secure program agreements before accepting changes.
Education and experience
- B.S. and above in computer science, engineering, physics, or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Higher education degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with new product development, SW development, and customer interaction.
- Experience in developing, managing, or defining requirements for complex equipment software.
- Experience in working with cross function teams and driving consensus among different stakeholders.
- Experience in working with or managing one or more of the following software areas: equipment system control, image
- processing algorithm, Windows UI, software testing and releasing.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Possess basic understanding of how software API works.
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects.
- Must have excellent commitment and multi-tasking skills.
- Mentoring and coaching.
- Recognizes contribution of individual team members.
- Is able to lead collaborative problem solving session with development engineers.
- Able to “lead”, not just, “manage” a team.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary