Software Quality Engineer
Sr Software Quality Engineer
Contract 12-18 Months M-F 40 hours weekly
This position is full life cycle software development supporting all aspects of Quality issues and inefficencies...
We are seeking candiates who, like investigating and analyzing complex problems, take the lead in driving solutions, get excited to automate things around you to bring the efficiency at wider scale and see the big picture without missing the important details.
- Lead in the definition and continuous improvement of practices and processes throughout Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) across software teams, including:
- Requirements Engineering and Management
- Systems Architecture and Design
- Software Verification and Validation
- Software Configuration Management
- Quality Investigations
- Project Management
- Risk Management (FMEA, etc)
- Define and track software quality and efficiency metrics. Analyze trends of defects, design flaws and process inefficiencies to understand underlying root causes. Drive effective data-driven improvement actions.
- Participate as a support member of the software development and test team. Activities may include:
- Monitor lifecycle artifacts and adherence to agreed standards
- Participate in requirement, design and testing reviews
- Provide guidance on common errors and best practices
- Feedback quality and efficiency learnings and improvement opportunities into software lifecycle and roadmap
Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
Master’s degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in software quality assurance, including designing and analyzing test strategies as well as development in automated testing scenarios
- 5+ years of experience in large-scale software development using C/C++/Python. Experience in embedded software is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies including Six Sigma methodology, Cost of Quality (COQ) and Return of Investment (ROI), Define-Measure-Act-Improve-Control model (DMAIC), etc.
- ASQ Certified Software Quality Engineer (CSQE) or equivalent certification is preferred
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong experience in requirement and test management / continuous integration tools, e.g. Jenkins, Polarion, TestLink, Q-Test
- Solid software engineering knowledge: Agile, Scrum, UML, OOP, design patterns
- A self-starter who has the passion to improve quality and efficiency and to put your creative ideas to the test
- A team player who holds excellent communication skills to bring teams together on the same goal and to find the best solutions for our customers
- Experience in data analysis and data mining is a plus
- Experience in code analysis tools like Valgrind, CodeSonar, is a plus