Software Test Engineer
This role is a Software Development Engineer in Test
Contract 18 Months, 40 hours weekly, Possible OT
Remote to start, pending Covid notice to be on site is undetermined.
You will work in the Architecture & Quality (A&Q) group in a Department of highly skilled software engineers responsible for developing software that enables the ever increasing miniaturization of semiconductor technology. In order to provide the most value to the customer as early as possible, the A&Q team uses Agile methodology to develop the verification software: written in C or Python. As part of continuous integration, the team creates the verification code to ensure the product software meets the high quality standards our customers expect.
You will also participate in continuous improvement of process & automation, aimed at ensuring the processes and tools used throughout the A&Q group are increasing the team’s ability to verify the quality of customer software in the most efficient manner.
Undergraduate degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years software verification and validation and/or test automation experience.
- Minimum of 3 years Python development experience.
- Deep understanding in software test methodology. Ability to design highly effective test strategies and decompose functional requirements into test cases.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and creative approach to problem solving.
- Experience working on Linux and/or Unix platforms.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, customer focused and multidisciplinary environment.
- Experience in requirement management and familiarity with associated tooling is a plus.
- Experience with C or C++ in embedded software development is a plus.
- Experience in CI/CD automation pipeline is a plus.
- Experience in static code analysis tool such as Valgrind, CodeSonar, Sonarqube, is a plus.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary