Sr. Catheter Engineer (Contract)
Job Type : Contract
Location/City : MA - Beverly
Category : Biomedical
Region : Eastern
Id : 25704
Sr. Catheter Engineer
3-6 Month Contract
North of Boston
Candidate will be responsible for leading and supporting the technical development of disposable medical device products, including introducer sheaths, catheters, and delivery systems. Development includes designing, prototyping, and testing of devices.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design of medical device products from concept to verification and validation.
- Conducts root cause analysis of prototype designs to further develop final product configurations
- Performs process development studies for catheter and introducer sheath assembly processes
- Fabricate concept and working prototypes with use of in-house and external rapid prototype sources.
- Interface with Quality Assurance, Operations, Marketing, Vendors, Customers and Physicians.
- Work with internal and external manufacturing partners to ensure producible designs.
- BS in Mechanical, Biomedical Engineering or directly related scientific discipline
- 5 years' experience in R&D, Engineering, or Product Development for interventional devices
- Knowledge of polymer material selection, medical grade plastics and elastomers for use with catheters and sheaths
- Familiarity with design for plastic processing methods such as injection and over molding, extrusion, RF and ultrasonic welding, tipping, forming, and adhesive bonding preferred.
- Familiarity with design for machining methods including CNC mill, lathe, wire and plunge EDM, centerless grinding.
- Experience in medical device design control procedures or other highly regulated environments a plus.
- Perform design trade-offs for performance, form factor, cost, schedule and risk.
- Create solid models and drawings using Solidworks required. Familiarity with a PDM System a plus.
- Ability to identify and execute analytical studies including tolerance stack-up analyses, use of GD&T.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of SAP desired.
|How to Apply:|
|Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job: Sr. Catheter Engineer (Contract) (#25704-MH1639)|
Job Status: Contract/Temporary