Sr. Electronics System Engineer
Contract 40 hours weekly 1+ year NON Exempt, OT is authorized
The Aircraft Division is look…
The Aircraft Division is looking for a Sr. Electronics System Engineer to be responsible for development of Flight Control Computers (FCCs), Actuator Control Units (ACUs), and Motor Control Electronics (MCEs) for primary and secondary flight control systems for commercial and military aircraft.
• Technical Challenge – our products are highly engineered, and customized for each customer
• High-Visibility Customers and Programs – we work with the largest aircraft manufacturers globally, on the most advanced aircraft, both Military and Commercial
• Mutual Trust, Respect and Opportunity – Moog provides a culture that allows for personal initiative, autonomy and excellence
What you’ll be working on day to day:
• Represent Moog as a recognized technical authority and project leader
• Guide the evolution of the conceptual and detailed design phases through verification and certification
• Serve as a technical reference point for internal and external communications
• Conduct systematic capture, development and documentation of fully verifiable electronics box level requirements that acknowledges technical, schedule, and cost constraints through consulting with customers, staff and sales personnel.
• Conduct functional analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate systems requirements allocated to electronics into electronic hardware specifications. Effectively communicate these internal design requirements to the other members of the design team.
• Create detailed Verification and Validation plans and procedures for the testing of electronic boxes. Investigate and create new test methods and approaches.
• Conduct hardware and software level integration and test including any performance anomalies investigations.
• Create concise reports that document the design decisions and analysis results.
• Support various aspects of technical project planning, including designs, proposals, cost estimates, schedules and technical interface meetings throughout the program lifecycle
• Prepare, organize and make presentations to customers in support of design reviews and technical interface meetings.
• Support project status briefings with clear and effective reports and presentations
• Contribute to the development of new product requirements through consulting with customers and sales personnel
• Represent Moog in a manner consistent with its leading-edge technical reputation
• Support programs with some travel (5-10%) and the participation in presentations to customers
• BS degree in Electrical or Aerospace Engineering; MS is preferred
• 7-15 years of design and development engineering experience
• 5+ years of project/team leadership experience
• Leadership with strong organizational skills and a desire for constant improvement
• Team-oriented, with the desire to lead and contribute to a high functioning team
• Depth of understanding and experience in the design, analysis and development aircraft actuation controllers. Preferably experience with requirement flow down, actuators sensor interfaces, commercial and military standards (RTCA/DO-160, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-810, and RTCA/DO-254 standards), Qualification, and Certification