Sr FPGA Engineer
Sr. FPGA Design Engineer
Initial phase, 3-4 months, then transition to new project for another 12-24 months
M-F 40 hours weekly, ( This is a 9/80, schedule on site every other Friday off)
Candidate will be a key member of a technical team responsible for the development, design, verification and integration of FPGA based solutions in support to legacy generation inertial measurement and navigation products / solutions for use in aircraft, UAV's, missiles, land vehicles, and sea platforms.
Preference is for a candidate with a background in requirements based HDL design and verification with a solid understanding of the FPGA development process.
Candidate must be proficient in the associated simulation and implementation tools associated with the MicroSemi Platform FPGA/ASIC development process. Candidate must have a demonstrated ability to work with cross function teams in the development environment within a certified quality management environment. The candidate will be a member of an integrated team supporting both IRAD and customer funded contracts for the development of IMU and INS/GPS navigation systems for both commercial and military market space.
- Candidate must be capable of working within a cross functional engineering project team with little technical oversight to meet the needs of the project for the end product. Also be able to execute in all phases of development: concept, requirements, design, implementation verification, hardware integration, and product support.
- Candidate must be capable of defining, implementing, and conducting continuous improvement activities within the Electrical Design group and engineering department; capable of supporting new business pursuits and proposal preparation that address program technical requirements and associated schedule and costs of the electrical design function.
- Ability to conceptualize, design, develop, and verify HDL designs that support system development
- Documentation of development lifecycle data
- Possesses the ability to work within a cross functional team in the definition of electrical design level requirements beginning with customer requirements specification and then decomposing to the end item system and associated electrical specification
- Possesses the ability to define, implement, and perform integration and verification testing of the end-item (hardware and firmware tests) which validate requirements in a lab and/or field environment
- Excellent interpersonal communications (written and verbal)
- Capable of performing project planning and control
- Drives for results, action oriented
- Strategic thinker, visionary
- Excellent presentation skills
- Minimum of BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering required, MS preferred
- HDL design and verification (8-10 years of experience)
- Experience with tools from vendors such as Xilinx, Microsemi, Synopsys, and Mentor Graphics
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US, visa sponsorship not available
- Must be able to work on U.S. government programs and/or obtain security clearance in the future
Job Status: Contract/Temporary