Sr. IT Systems Engineer (Exchange)
Senior IT Systems Exchange Engineer
Must be a US Citizen
Direct Hire, Full Benefits
The Sr. IT Systems Engineer(Exchange) is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Exchange messaging environment. The successful candidate is a subject matter expert experienced in implementing and managing messaging environments, has a thorough knowledge of server, storage, virtualization, messaging, directory, security and mobility technologies, and relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
The position requires an individual who has demonstrated technical leadership in a 500+ user environment.
- Manage the Microsoft Exchange and Skype for Business infrastructure.
- Recommend and plan for future growth of messaging systems taking into consideration capacity planning, monitoring, Disaster Recovery and business continuity.
- Automate frequently performed tasks using PowerShell or relevant scripting languages.
- Maintain systems security and integrity, taking corrective actions as necessary in compliance with company and industry standards and best practices.
- Develop and maintain compliance documentation and architectural diagrams for use in the installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, and support of the infrastructure.
- Provide proactive and reactive support on issues relating to the messaging infrastructure.
- Analyze and articulate the risks, benefits and opportunities associated with any change within the infrastructure.
- Provide assistance as a secondary resource to other specialists within the Infrastructure team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of messaging experience / 8+ years of relevant IT experience required.
- Extensive and proven experience with Microsoft Exchange.
- Experience with complementary solutions such as Microsoft Lync or Cisco Unified Communications and Mobile Device Management solutions such as AirWatch.
- Advanced knowledge of end to end mail flow, email hygiene (AV/AS), SMTP, TLS, Outlook and troubleshooting email flow issues.
- Experience with email gateways and security appliances such as Cisco IronPort and FireEye.
- Proficiency with IIS, DNS, SMTP, LDAP and network load balancers.
- Experience with SSL certificates and encrypted/signed email technologies.
- Experience with Exchange running in a virtualized environment on iSCSI/FC storage.
- Exposure to cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure and Office 365 desired.
- Experience with Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery implementations, processes and documentation.
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Microsoft certifications highly recommended.
- Ability to define and communicate what needs to be done and successfully drive it to completion.
- Able to recognize, troubleshoot and resolve system problems with little supervision.