Sr. Mechanical Design Architect
FTE, with relocation
In this role you will be required to be responsible for the development of portions of the lithography system and/or associated tooling.You will work on sub-systems involving robotics, mechatronics, precision mechanics, and/or opto-mechanics.You will need to consider kinematics, dynamics, material properties, and structural, dynamic, and thermal analysis.Precision machine design at Client starts with understanding the functional requirements and deriving specifications.
You will provide the technical leadership and engineering foundation to produce high quality mechanical product designs that meet module-level mechanical specifications and volume constraints, negotiated as needed with the Functional Cluster or Module Architect.You will ensure the design Is optimized for trouble-free product life-cycle within the Client design release, procurement, manufacturing, transportation, operation and customer service environments, and is achievable within schedule and cost constraints, negotiated as needed with the Project Leader.
BSME / MSME / PhD or equivalent experience.
We are seeking an individual with a strong background in mechanical design and engineering, including taking responsibility of the full “art to part” development cycle. A background in mechanical design of mechatronics, precision design, or complex optical systems is required, as well as good complex mechanical system intuition.
-7+ years’ experience in complex mechanical design environment.
-Mechanical design experience in kinematics, dynamics, material properties and behavior, and structural analysis.
-Solid working knowledge of mechanical analytical techniques, including “first principle” engineering equations and Finite Element Analysis such as stress / strain / deformation, modal response, etc.
-Demonstrated ability to derive conclusions from analysis and make practical recommendations.
-Strong technical writing, communication, and presentation skills with a capability for mentoring, coaching, and negotiation.
- Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups including senior leadership.
- High energy self-motivated team player with strong desire to learn.
- Customer oriented and willing to work with high level problem solvers on a daily basis.
- Possess strong leadership and ownership characteristics with commitment to achieve results on time.
- Potential to develop into a technical leader in the organization.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.