Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Contract 12-18 Months M-F 40 hours weekly
Hybrid mix Remote & Onsite
Role and responsibilities
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer with a strong and diverse background in mechanical design to join our DUV Mechanical Development (MDEV) team. This position will be a key contributor in designing mechanical parts and assemblies for our DUV lasers.
- Mechanical design of sheet metal, machined, and molded parts.
- Create solid models and detail drawings for parts in Creo.
- Create sub-assemblies and full laser assemblies in Creo.
- Calculate and Analyze mechanical tolerance stack ups.
- Collaborate with vendors on the fabrication of mechanical parts.
- Conduct problem solving on mechanical fit and performance issues.
- Design production fixtures for assembly and alignment.
- Collaborate with other engineering groups such as Optics, Chambers, Systems, and Controls on sub-system mechanical design.
- Other responsibilities may be added as business conditions arise.
Education and experience
- Requires a B.S in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree (M.S.) is a plus.
- Requires a minimum of 7 years of relevant work related experience (or combination of relevant work related experience and educational experience beyond B.S.).
- Experience designing mechanical parts (machined, sheet metal, molded) and mechanical assemblies.
- Proficiency with CAD software packages (solid modeling and detailed drawings), Creo preferred.
- Experience with documentation control systems, Agile and Windchill preferred.
- Knowledge of GD&T and mechanical tolerance analysis.
- Experience working with machine shops and other part fabricators.
- Familiarity with cooling systems, gas and vacuum fittings, bearings and mechanisms.
- Finite Element Modeling experience (structural, thermal, vibration, fluid dynamics).
- Experience designing opto-mechanical parts and assemblies is preferred.
- Familiarity with industrial lasers and semiconductor capital equipment is a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary