Sr. Project/Systems Engineer
Sr. Project/Systems Engineer
Contract/Contract to Direct 12+ months M-F 40 hours weekly
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US, visa sponsorship not available.
- Must be a US Citizen or be a US Permanent Residence Card Holder.
- Some travel for customer reviews and meetings.
Candidate will be a key member of a technical team responsible for the system definition, design, integration and test of next generation inertial measurement and navigation products / solutions for use in aircraft, UAV's, missiles, land vehicles, and sea platforms.
Preference is for a candidate with a background in both hardware and software for avionics systems with and experience in the integration and test of advanced navigation equipment in the laboratory and field environment(s).
Candidate must have a demonstrated ability to lead system development activities within a certified quality management environment and be able to comprehend and adhere to defined work procedures and instructions.
- Capable of leading the application of system engineering processes and discipline across the company.
- Define, implement, and conduct continuous improvements associated with system engineering and processes.
- Capable of supporting new business pursuits and proposal preparation that address program technical requirements and associated schedule and costs.
- Responsible for managing technical schedule and cost for the assigned projects.
- Interfacing with both commercial and military customers in technical program definition and execution.
- Excellent technical writing and oral skills.
- In depth working knowledge of system engineering processes, inertial navigation and GPS applications for avionics platforms.
- Possesses the ability in the definition of system level requirements beginning with customer requirements specification and then decomposing to the end item system specification.
- Possesses the ability with definition, implementation, and performance of system integration testing (hardware and software tests) which validate system requirements in a lab and field environments.
- Capable of supporting Bid and Proposal efforts including Cost Estimating and Technical Writing.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications (written and verbal).
- Proficient at project / program planning and control.
- Drives for results, action oriented.
- Strategic thinker, visionary.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Education & Experience
- B.S. in Aerospace, Computer, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience required.
- Seven (7) or more years' experience in aerospace and/or defense system engineering and associated system software testing.
- In depth technical experience with Inertial Navigation System (INS), Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) and Global Positioning System (GPS) applications is required.
- Experience in communication bus standards and operation (MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429, RS-422, ethernet, spacewire) and familiarity with software / firmware development standards (DO-178B, DO-254) required.
- Experience required in leading and working within a cross disciplinary engineering team of 2 to 15 engineers relative to the coordination of product hardware and software design, test, and evaluation from the concept through production phases.
- Strong Knowledge (Proficiency preferred) in DOORS, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Office.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary