Sr. QA Engineer
Sr. Quality Engineer
US Citizen only
Contract Assignment- 12+ Months
M-F 40 hours weekly
Our Client has developed a reputation throughout the world as a company whose people and products are at the forefront of the aerospace/Defense industry. We have consistently demonstrated our ability to meet ever more demanding challenges be they technical, schedule or cost. This directly reflects the creativity, work ethic and remarkable attention to purpose of our people.
Essential Functions & Qualifications:
The engineer shall work in accordance with Client Quality Assurance (QA) and Laboratory processes to provide quality assurance support and oversight to various projects and activities. Duties and activities may include:
- Provide quality assurance support for procurements, by identifying the appropriate quality requirements for procuring items and services; participating as a consultant on teams evaluating proposals; providing quality oversight and support throughout the procurement effort; and reviewing supplier submittals for compliance.
- Develop surveillance, inspection and audit plans, participate and lead audits, inspections, and surveillances of Client programs or suppliers, including determining the scope, performing, and reporting the audit results including negative findings.
- Provide oversight, and lead or participate in the assessments performed by Laboratory’s management and departments.
- Support projects by attending design review meetings, reviewing technical specifications, statements of work, drawings, and other pertinent documents.
- Control assigned documents and records.
- Evaluate proposed corrective actions, following them through completion and verify adequate completion.
- Performing analyses of data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Participate in, or lead, root cause analyses.
- Review processes and programs for improvement opportunities.
- Participation the quality planning and implementation processes for projects by developing plans or procedures, collecting and analyzing various quality data, performing compliance- and performance-based audits, assuming responsibility for the quality aspects of complex procurements, etc.
- Responsible for the implementation and improvement of Client Quality Assurance processes and procedures including: coordination and oversight of QA activities associated with critical work, installations, fabrications, and experimental and facilities upgrades.
- The individual will follow Client quality and safety requirements.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Capabilities: Demonstrated capabilities in quality assurance functions, including audits, surveillances, and inspections; writing quality reports and findings; and verifying and following up on corrective actions.
- Candor and courtesy to raise difficult issues with difficult audiences and get their buy-in.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and to lead a team to accomplish a specific task.
- Demonstrated ability to develop requirements, perform cost/benefits analyses, and develop and analyze plans and criteria for various projects and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Certification: A professional engineering license or ASQ Certification (e.g., Quality Engineer, Quality Auditor, or Quality Manager) is desirable
Education and Experience:
Minimum Educational and Experience Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; preferably in an engineering discipline.
- Experience applying quality requirements under an approved QA Program that is compliant with ASME NQA-1, ISO 9000, DOE Order 414.1D, or other national or international regulations or standards.
- At least fifteen (15) years’ experience in industry for individuals with non-engineering degree, ten (10) of which must be in a QA/QC function.
- For those holding an engineering degree, at least ten (10) years’ experience, 5 (five) of which must be in QA/QC functions.
- Experience working with accelerators, power plants, or heavy industrial project.
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications, statements of work, and engineering drawings.
- Experience writing clear audit reports and procedures.
- Experience auditing engineering programs and processes.
- Ability to perform field surveillances is required.
- Experienced with evaluating and tracking Manufacturing/Inspection/Test Plans and Travelers.
- Must be willing to travel to vendors/suppliers.
- Experience working at nuclear facilities, or at an operating Department of Energy National Laboratory or plant.
- Experience auditing environmental, safety, or health physics programs.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary