Sr. Software Design Engineer 1
Senior Software Design Engineer I
Contract 12-18 Months M-F 40 hours weekly
(3) Opening positions
Our client is currently searching for a talented software engineer to design and implement embedded software for systems among the highest precision ever produced in the world.
The individual will be responsible for key modules of the production software throughout the development cycle, ranging from specifying functional requirements by working with multi-disciplinary teams, providing detailed design specifications, outlining testing effort, to implementing the software and executing the testing steps to qualify the product, etc.
The engineer will work closely with the team leader, the project management and other developers to create robust software that offers advanced architecture and fulfills the business needs.
Skills and Experiences
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for programming and software engineering
- Minimum 5 years C or C++ programming experiences, an emphasis on embedded system programming is a plus
- Minimum 5 years Real time programming experiences, preferably on Unix, Solaris or Linux
- Leadership capability is a plus
- Experience or proven ability in computational algorithms
- Experience or proven ability in technical specifications
- Experience or proven ability in designing complex software architecture
- Experience in Python, is a plus
- Experience in Clearcase, is a plus
BS or higher in Computer Science or related technical discipline
Job Status: Contract/Temporary