Sr Systems Engineer (PERM)
Job Type : Permanent
Location/City : FL - De Leon Springs
Category : Software/Embedded
Region : Southeast
Id : 25669
Sr Systems Engineer
Basic Purpose of Position: Demonstrates an extensive knowledge and understanding of system engineering principles, concepts, practices and theories along with a working knowledge of Software and Hardware interactions. Responsibilities may include research, design, development and test of complex system designs and concepts. Work closely with other engineering and other functional areas to obtain optimum utilization of resources.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
- Use Client policies and procedures to complete work assignments.
- Design, model, simulate and test complex subsystems and systems.
- Support designs with detailed requirements analysis including the use of Doors and Model Based Systems Engineering.
- Prepare documentation for work as required for engineering and manufacturing of products.
- Conduct complex in-house tests, direct and guides or mentors other Engineers.
- Apply Risk, failure and root cause analysis as required within the electronic engineering discipline.
- Provide support for product process and system issues; provide recommendation for enhancements and cost reductions; and formulate cost impacts.
- Keep accurate and complete records of engineering activities.
- May act as project lead including organizing, execution, and coordinating technical assignments.
- Evaluate materials and systems, identify equipment, or prepare work instructions for manufacturing.
- Provide training and/or direction to other engineers, technicians or manufacturing operators.
- Provide input to bid and proposal activities.
- Provide communications and/or presentations to customers, suppliers or vendors.
- Travel and participation in product field tests.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ensure that all assignments are performed in compliance with applicable Federal, State, Provincial and Company safety and health regulations, and where applicable, utilize proper personal protective equipment.
- BS degree in an engineering discipline.
- A minimum of six years related experience.
- Knowledge/skills must include education, and experience with applied hands-on implementation expertise in system design, definition, analysis, and test of complex assemblies and systems.
- Experience with requirements definition and Architecture modeling tools (Doors or equivalent) and SysML methods (MBSE preferred)
- Ability to work with inter-disciplinary teams.
- Understanding complex system development methods
- Understanding of system testing practices.
- Understanding of DoD system engineering and development practices.
- Ability to write proposals, cost and schedule estimates (including budgets), and participate in presentations.
- Proficiency in using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must show high initiative, be self-motivated, and have ability to act independently on technical matters.
|How to Apply:|
|Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com|
|Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job: Sr Systems Engineer (PERM) (#25669-MH1639)|