Sr Test Engineer
Job Type : Contract
Location/City : AZ - Tempe
Category : Software/Embedded
Region : Southwest
Id : 25630
Here’s what to expect on a day to day basis:
- Responsible for design and manufacture of Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) products. EGSE test systems include hardware, software and documentation. A typical Unit Under Test (UUT) includes an embedded Single Board Computer (SBC) which interfaces with custom analog and digital I/O boards for Command & Data Handling (C&DH) in a cPCI form factor. Additionally, Electrical Power System (EPS) boards are included on a custom backplane extension for sub-system power switching and solar array switching/battery charging.
- Hardware: Selection of COTS test instruments where practical and design of custom test ‘boxes’ and cabling as required. Test hardware must be capable of verifying all stated capabilities and contractual design requirements for the UUT.
- Software: Develop VxWorks test code to run on SBC (C programming language). National Instruments LabVIEW is used for COTS instrument control and monitoring, and User Interface (UI) for UUT command and telemetry. PERL scripting is employed to control execution of VxWorks and LabVIEW code for test automation. Familiarity with VHDL for FPGA programming a plus.
- Documentation: Assembly, schematic and parts lists for custom test equipment must be created and maintained through the document control system. Microsoft Visio, Mozaix and Mentor Graphics DxDesigner are used for design documentation. Formal Integration and Test Plans, Environmental Test Plans and Acceptance Test Procedures (customer deliverables) used to document compliance with all customer and design requirements are the responsibility of the Test Engineer.
At a minimum you'll need to meet these qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years hands on experience in the areas listed above and a BS in Electrical Engineering degree.
- Candidate must be proficient in software development using C, LabVIEW and PERL programming languages and the VxWorks operating system.
- Knowledgeable using Windows applications such as Visio, Word and other Microsoft Office tools.
- Knowledgeable with cables and able to do cable drawings using Visio.
- Willing to take direction and execute assignments as asked.
- Self-motivated and willing to take ownership of assignments and look for ways to execute on time.
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
|How to Apply:|
|Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com|
|Copy and Paste the following job title and code and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job: Sr Test Engineer (#25630-MH1639)|