Contract 6-12+ months, M-F 40 hours weekly
Candidate must be US Citizen
Responsible for Minor and Major Subcontracts within the Navy Program Office in accordance with Client and U.S. Government procurement policies and procedures. Must be able to effectively interface with Government personnel, Client Management and Subcontractors. In addition to subcontracting experience, this individual should be able to perform his/her responsibilities with minimum supervision and exercise judgment based on experience and quantitate ability.
Responsible for the following:
- Develop and provide RFP/RFQ requirements to potential/existing subcontractors.
- Obtain proposals/quotations from prospective subcontractors and ensure conformity with the RFP/RFQ requirements and address any deviations.
- Assist the Program Office to coordinate and facilitate a technical evaluation of proposed scope. Specifically work with Program Manager to establish needed tasks, hours related to tasks, and milestones from statement of works.
- Prepare pre-negotiation position (cost objective) based on technical evaluation, DCMA audit recommendations, historical data and cost/price analysis.
- Negotiate with the Subcontractor including cost/fee and terms of the subcontract as necessary and create a record of negotiation for the purpose of documenting the negotiation process and providing a permanent record for the file.
- Interact with other Client Departments (i.e., Technical, Legal, Accounting, Property, Contracts, Receiving, etc.) for subcontract completion award.
- Prepare Purchase Orders/Change Orders in ERP system for each individual subcontract.
- Provide a subcontract routing package in accordance with signature authorization for Manager’s review and signature, ensuring that all appropriate certifications and documentation are complete prior to awarding subcontract.
- Review invoices and ensure the costs incurred are in accordance with the amounts allowed and maintain an electronic log of all invoices received. Reject invoices that do not meet the requirements set forth in the subcontract.
- During the period of performance of the subcontract, ensure that the Subcontractor is complying with the technical and financial obligations of the subcontract.
- Responsible for officially closing out subcontracts that will include sending out a closeout package to the subcontractor and coordinates closeout efforts with other Draper Departments (i.e., Accounting, Property, Contracts, etc.)
- Notify Subcontract Manager in a timely manner when any issues arise.
- Participate in monthly subcontract reviews with the customer and subcontractor.
- Participate in special assignments from manager.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or 10+ years related experience, Cost Analysis, or advanced Purchasing. (May be willing to accept similar experience) Special Qualifications: Working knowledge of FAR/DFAR. Negotiation and analytical skills. Ability to work as a Customer Liaison with excellent Written and oral communication skills at all levels of the organization. Ability to travel is required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office (in particular Word and Excel.).