Supplier Quality Engineer
Background Check and Drug test are required
- US Citizen or Green Card holder
A large percentage of the work as a Supplier Quality Engineer will be to apply and maintain standards for manufacturing, supplier quality, design and integration of materials into finished products.
- Works across all product lines to analyze non-conforming parts and processes, participate with material dispositions, arrange containment actions and supplier corrective action requests.
- Works with purchasing to resolve supplier issues and prevent their reoccurrence. Participate on Supply Chain teams to review/release supplier requirements, develop supplier QA/Control plans, and audit their compliance, as needed.
The smaller remaining percentage of this role will have some Product Assurance tasks to monitor manufacturing product & process performance, suggest and implement improvements with manufacturing/engineering departments.
- Implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- This role collaborates with a range of internal departments, external partners, suppliers and customers utilizing excellent communication skills, and a passion for excellence, integrity, innovation, and success. Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without direct supervision.
Education & Experience:
· A Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
· 2-5 years of experience in Supply Chain and/or Product engineering associated with Semiconductor, defense or other capital equipment Manufacturing]
· Product performance reporting experience is required. Field issue reporting a plus.
· Experience with Discrepant Material Disposition (MRB) and oversight
· Experience overseeing Supplier scorecards, root-cause corrective actions and process control agreements
· Experience with Lean & Six Sigma is required. Green belt or black belt certification is highly desired.
· Significant experience with root cause and corrective action is required.
· Experience leading process improvement teams to a successful completion.
· Supplier Control plan creation, validation and auditing preferred.
· Experienced with creating test plans, procedures and reports for X-ray, or high-tech capital equipment preferred
· ASQ Quality Engineer or equivalent certification a plus.
Responsible for handling reported product issues and providing feedback to internal / external customers
· Initiates corrective action for control and elimination of supplier and process related deficiencies.
· Takes an active role in the management of suppliers, providing supplier engineering support to operations, purchasing, and drive supplier improvements
· Creates or modifies Supplier QA control plans and associated First-Article or Ongoing inspection to ensure receipt of acceptable products, materials and/or services.
· Review design/purchasing documentation to ensure quality criteria and provisions to guarantee supplier delivery of acceptable products, materials and/or services.
· Participate in Supplier certification, process and/or corrective action audits, as required.
· May lead and/or participate in Root-cause investigations and associated Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA/RCCA) and Continuous Improvement projects to deliver consistent favorable results.
· When assigned, support performance reviews of complex products and processes, installation processes, manufacturing processes, software, hardware, and operator documentation.
· Reviews product/process changes proposed through the engineering change order process.
· Performs QA reviews of engineering documentation, factory procedures and field procedures
· Ensure Design History Records (DHRs) data/records are collected as required. Participate on teams defining this for new products released to manufacturing
· Utilizes a combination of data collection, data analysis, SPC and creative test approaches to verify products meet all design requirements including PFMEA studies.
· Supports facility inspections/audits by customers and regulatory agencies.
· Leads Lean/Six Sigma and other Quality Improvement projects.
· Must be willing to travel up to 10%.
· Ability to critically analyze product requirements to determine compliance by our production systems.
· Experience with Supplier Interactions and Feedback. Oversight of Supplier Corrective Actions requests and their effective resolution.
· Ability to analyze, measure, develop, and maintain Internal & Supplier Continuous Improvement programs
· Familiar with precision measurements and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
· Understands electrical design principles, manufacturing standards, and test methodologies.
· Familiar with electro-mechanical assembly workmanship standards
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications required. Project, Visio and Access experience a plus.
· Experience with ERP and CRM systems a plus.
· Knowledge of product development processes, state-of-the art inspection techniques, factory and field metrics, calibration, procedures, instruments and equipment is required.
· In depth knowledge of product/quality development and control methods; Lean, Six Sigma, SPC, APQP, DFMEA, PFMEA, Copy Exact, Process Performance metrics, 8D, CAPA/RCCA required. DfX, DfSS, Design of Experiments (DOE), a plus
· Ability to lead and execute globally, self-starter with minimal supervision neededIt is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.