System Integration Engineer
System Integration Engineer
Optical Modules Development Group
Multiple Positions open
Contract position 12-18 months, M-F 40 hours weekly
Our client is seeking multiple physicist/Engineer to support and develop optical / photonic sensor systems used within their photolithography tools. These systems typically include light sources, detectors, optical and electro-optical components, fiber optics, electronics and signal processing software functioning in close collaboration with the rest of the lithography system. Understanding the components in their relation to the sensor system and understanding the interaction with the rest of the lithography tool and the measurement process is of fundamental importance.
Your integration team role is to test hardware/software twinscan equipment in support of the development of new products within D&E . Evaluate, install and test the function and performance of new complex alignment subsystems, support engineers in your team to evaluate and diagnose problems, report that all the hardware and software is working as it should. You’ll use your existing twinscan knowledge, expertise and analytical skills to analyze if and why the equipment fails and independently and accurately prepare written technical reports. You need to Leverage your powers of investigation and your network of contacts within the team and company.
Contribute your knowledge and expertise on custom technology required on new development projects. You’ll then provide the services needed to fine tune the equipment and to resolve issues in order to make new equipment ready for volume production. The willingness to work some flexible and extended hours and some weekends.
Demonstrate experience using computer applications, including data statistical, word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software. Have the ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy. Perform effectively in environments with frequently changing workload and competing demands. Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers. Key component of this position are using general Physics, Electronics, Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, and semiconductor manufacturing processes. Software knowledge and an understanding of the sensor systems and tools to de-bug new and existing sensors in complex systems.
- the candidate must have the capacity to lead engineers and technicians in executing activities related to complex tests, data gathering, and effectively communicate results to managers and customers;
- the candidate must have expertise at troubleshooting complex problems on complex systems, develop and debug algorithms; the candidate must have the ability to use analytical processes (8Ds, fault trees, Ishikawa diagrams, etc…) to develop test plans to determine problem root cause;
- The candidate must have the capability to clearly communicating progress and status of ongoing investigations to managers and to customers; Candidate will be required to write reports documenting investigations carried out
- Position requires a BS degree in an Engineering field or 2 to 5 years of equivalent twinscan experience. Experience in working with engineers across disciplines to solve complex problems or related experience desired. Strong emphasis problem solving and effective communication.
- Three to five years of experience required. Experience in working with engineers across disciplines to solve complex problems in a timely manner. Strong emphasis on creative problem solving and effective communication.
- Candidate must: Be able to break down complex problems with limited data to come to solutions – strong critical thinking capability; Have strong written and oral communication skills and a commitment to achieving results while under time constraints; High energy, high level of dedication; Be willing to jump in on new issues, get to the bottom of the causes and propose practical solutions; Be competent in and/or have affinity with: optical design and electro-optical devices, detection electronics, electrical and SW data processing; Be able to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous assignments on schedule; Be able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and hands-on in a lab)