System Software Integrator
Contract 12-18 Months, 40 hours weekly,
Onsite at Client -- 3 days remote/ 2 onsite starting immediately following Labor Day
As a System Software Integrator, you will be in charge of aligning the software deliverables during pre-integration (software-only) to full system integration of hardware (mechanical and electrical). This role requires organizational, project planning, and personal skills. The team success is dependent on getting the new hardware into place and determining if a hardware or software fault is blocking. There will be a need for shift flexibility since integration will be performed 24/7 over the course of months.
Your stakeholders are the hardware integration lead, Edev, functional, and Sdev team leads and architects.
- Create and Maintain System Software integration plan.
- Hold weekly meetings with stakeholders.
- Proactively work with functional and electrical counterparts on requirements and reviews.
Undergraduate degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of three years of experience in C and/or C++, three years using python, 2 or more years participating in a hardware-software integration. More is a plus.
- Experience working on Linux and/or Solaris platforms.
- Understanding of what drives software deliverables (SDLC expertise).
- Be able to work with stakeholders to drive to a common solution.
- Understand both the sense of urgency and attention to high quality.
- Work well with team leads, program and group managers.
- Experience in embedded software development.
- Strong understanding of software development methods.
- Thinks creative, out of the box, self-starting, fast learner, good coder and designer.
- Ability to take action to resolve issues quickly.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, customer focused and multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability