Contract M-F 40 hours weekly
Active TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph is required.
DoD 8570 Tier II Technical Cert that is current (such as Security + CE)
Work will be on site, M-F 40 hours weekly
Programs Office is seeking a Systems Administrator to join the team to provide daily operational support for Windows and Linux servers, systems and desktops to solve a wide array of customer needs and requests.
You will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Under guidance of technical team leads, you will also participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values and sponsor’s cybersecurity requirements. You are a self-starter and will eagerly solve moderate to complex problems with minimal supervision. You are able to handle end-user desktop support, front-line support, and develop scripts.
Systems Administrator responsibilities include:
· Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems to include but not limited to:
· Windows desktops
· Windows 2008/2012 servers
· Server and Desktop System Preventive Maintenance
· Active Directory account maintenance
· Manage the IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
· Provide Tier 1 and 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems and provide mentoring and leadership for Tier 1 staff.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or other related discipline with a minimum of 4 years of related experience;
· DoD 8570 certification required
· Knowledge and experience supporting Windows VM’s, Workstations and Servers and working in heterogeneous computing environments. (i.e. Linux, Windows)
· Very good understanding of the Linux (especially RedHat or derivatives) and practical experience supporting Linux in a work environment.
· Experience in assisting with configuration and support of network devices
· Demonstrated experience installing and configuring Windows and Linux servers and workstations for operational environments. (Windows Server 2008+, Linux RHEL7+)
· Have experience with IT security and related technologies to ensure compliance with regulations and government sponsor requirement.
· Experience supporting Information Assurance (IA) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) cybersecurity requirements implementation.
· DoD 8570 Tier II Technical Cert that is current (such as Security + CE)
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to operate in a team environment consisting of both internal and external members, co-workers and c