Contract 3-6+ Months
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
Atlanta, GA or Boston, MA
About the Job
Our client is looking for a Windows Performance Engineer to assist with deep troubleshooting to identify root cause and find solutions to performance issues.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates.
- Opportunity work as part of an outstanding IT team to solve problems and optimize computer and application performance.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing performance issues related to Microsoft Windows and Office applications. For example slow performance, lagging, hanging, slow boot-up, screen freeze.
- Understanding hardware configuration and operational protocols that could be causing performance issues
- Propose and test potential solutions that, once confirmed, can be rolled out and implemented on a larger scale.
- Deep Microsoft Windows knowledge (Windows 10)
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Word) (Office 2013)
- The ability to troubleshoot Windows and Office products from the application to the hardware and everything in between.
- Understanding of computer architecture with regards to performance, memory usage and optimization.
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary