Contract 6+ Months (potential for temp-to-perm conversion)
Mon – Fri 40 hours/week
San Jose, CA
About the Job
Our client is a leading global provider of laboratory instruments and solutions in biopharmaceuticals, forensics and clinical diagnostics. They are also a leader in developing and manufacturing OEM instruments and components that are then distributed/integrated by partner pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, university research departments, forensic and diagnostic laboratories. We are looking for a Systems Engineer who will be the technical lead for development, modification or expert-level trouble-shooting of precision syringe pump and robot OEM component products. For example, you may have seen some of our instruments as well as our OEM customers’ instruments in recent news reports about Covid 19 testing around the world. In this dynamic and visible role, you will interact with customers, product managers and engineers to define requirements and user needs. You will lead definition and selection of solutions based on requirements and user needs and provide a vision of technical solution to the project teams from concept through release.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity work with an outstanding company supporting the Bio-Pharmaceutical industry.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Responsible for the technical success of assigned projects
- Responsible for Requirements Engineering leading to meaningful and testable requirements
- Identifies new and innovative solutions drawing on multi-disciplinary knowledge
- Leads the creation of product concepts and COGS estimates
- Selects appropriate technologies for implementation
- Primary author of system architecture and documentation
- Optimally partitions functionality between electronics, mechanisms and firmware or software and ensures that design solutions meet requirements and intended use
- Creates and challenges error and tolerance budgets
- Resolves design tradeoffs
- Leads cost/benefit analysis to choose optimal design approaches
- Technical lead for root-cause investigations
- Leads design reviews
- Champions DFx (manufacturability, assembly, cost, quality)
- Travel required: domestic and international <20%
- BS in a relevant engineering discipline and 8 years of relevant industry experience
- Familiar with mechanical and electrical CAD software – Creo and Altium preferred
- Experience creating tolerance and error budgets
- Proven systems engineering or requirements management experience preferred
- Working knowledge of electronics and firmware development
- Working knowledge of precision mechanisms and motion control (stepper, servo, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Hands-on multi-disciplinary problem solver
- Good mechanical aptitude
- DFx training preferred
- Proven experience developing precision bench-top instrumentation or equipment
- Working knowledge of precision life-sciences liquid –handling systems a plus
- Familiarity with ISO 13485 and FDA regulation/QSR requirements is a plus
- Proactive, dynamic and persuasive
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary