Technical Project Manager, Contract
M-F 40 hours weekly 18+ months
Role and responsibilities
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects.
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with program management and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support.
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Manage risks and (internal) customer requirements.
- Define deliverables for engineers.
- Align with cross-projects on regular basis to ensure on time delivery of module.
- Communicate upward and downward on regular basis.
- Hold regular meetings to provide information, identify interdependencies, secure cross-sector alignment and agreements.
- Manage project structure.
- Set up a team structure that reflects the work content.
- Work with architects to define the project scope and required budget.
- Understand proper escalation paths and act accordingly.
- Delegate tasks and follow up.
- Keep daily control.
- Understand how own modules link to the total system.
- Able to assess and address technical risk based on team input from architects and design engineers.
- Respond to requests for changes with impact assessment and secure program agreements before accepting changes.
Education and experience
- M.S. and above in Electronics/Mechanical engineering, material science, physics, or related fields
- 8 years Product Development Experience.
- Experience in project management of complex engineering systems preferably in semiconductor industry.
- Proven record for product delivery.
- System understanding of Electron Optics, Complex electronics (hardware, firmware and software).
- Good process background.
- Ability to understand and act on systems specifications, test specifications and reports.
- Ownership mentality–desire to deliver top quality at right cost, first time right
- Highly motivated–desire to solve problems and succeed (self-starter and driven).
- Good written and oral communications skills–ability to provide project planning with sound technical trade-off arguments.
- Good team player–works well in a multi-discipline, multi-cultural high-technology environment.
- Lead team of 5-20 engineers.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects.
- Must have excellent commitment and multi-tasking skills.
- Mentoring and coaching capability.