Contract 6+ months Local US Citizen
Works closely with engineering staff to develop and write procedural and specification documents starting from initial planning through writing and editing, reviewing and revising, indexing, illustrating, final printing, production and delivery as required by department. Gather, organize materials and complete the writing assignment per Client standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, format and terminology. Works independently with little detailed supervision.
Relies on experience and judgment to efficiently plan and accomplish goals.
1) Structure and write new design, requirements, development and test documentation for engineering protocols. Researches and analyzes end user needs and provides the appropriate level of detail in the documentation.
2) Review, update and edit existing documents for structural consistency, technical accuracy, clarity, readability and grammar to ensure that documentation meets Laboratory standards.
3) Interviews technical staff to obtain information and/or confirm logical or procedural components of client applications.
4) Participates in and often leads team meetings and contributes to the establishment of new or improved documentation processes. May act as lead writer on a project which will include participating in project planning, conducting project meetings, reviewing written content, and coordinating technical review cycles.
5) Tracks progress of document and associated project details. 6) Possess good problem solving skills and the ability to apply information to make decisions.
7) Ability to work in collaboration with project teams, as well as independently on tasks.
8) Identifies, develops, produces, and promotes best practices.
9) Ability to act as a change agent and positively influences others; demonstrates proactive work habits and assertiveness in creating and owning documents and work processes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Bachelors degree in English and/or Technical Writing with a minimum of 5-7 years of work experience as a Technical Writer. Experience with Microsoft Office suite other related programs.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary