Contract 6+ months
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
About the Job
Our client is a trusted, top innovator specializing in the design, development, and production of precision control components and systems. Their products and expertise range from high performance valves and manifolds to complete sub-systems that integrate electronic controls, actuators, and power conditioning systems. We are looking for a Technical Writer who can create technical documents and manuals, documenting and explaining complex information in a clear, concise, and accurate manner.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity to join one of the most experienced, talented, and fastest growing teams in industry.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures, test procedures, manuals and reports
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
- Produce electronic documentation to supplement hardcopy manuals
- Maintain existing records of terminology and documentation
- Maintain, update and revise technical literature and respond to feedback from users
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Work with engineering teams, production teams, etc. to manage the flow of information among project workgroups during development and testing
- Conduct research
- Ensure consistency, clarity, and quality in and across all types of documentation
- Work with IT and management to evaluate, propose, facilitate and maintain an internal document management system to centralize document storage.
- Format, edit, and conduct quality assurance evaluations for own work and work of others
- Translate verbal information into clearly written/documented procedures
- Study engineering drawings, parts lists, specifications, mock-ups, and product samples to accurately integrate, and delineate technology, maintenance procedure, troubleshooting, and parts breakdown
- Work with Engineering and Operations to develop and maintain testing policies, procedure and performance metrics, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or related field or an Associate’s degree with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- 5+ years of related technical writing experience in a production/operations environment
- Effective verbal/written communication skills required for multi-faceted interactions with all levels of personnel within the organization, as well as any and all outside agents
- Computer literate, with MS Office/PC expertise, limited CAD experience, and demonstrated experience with applicable systems, programs, equipment, etc.
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.