Test Engineer - Powertrain
Test Engineer – Powertrain
Contract 12+ months
Mon-Fri 40 hours/week
Ann Arbor, MI
About the Job
We are looking for a Powertrain Engineering Support and Validation Testing Engineer to work on the powertrain system within vehicles.
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture – What’s in it for you?
- Good compensation aligned with current market rates. Get paid weekly.
- Opportunity work as part of an outstanding Engineering team within the Powertrain Support and Validation department at a highly respected and cutting edge automotive company
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, Dental insurance, 401k, accrued Paid Time Off, etc.
- Enthusiastic, bright, and talented individuals collaborating on ideas
- Support the validation of released or soon to be released software for US market light-duty gasoline and diesel engines.
- Plan and conduct testing of gasoline or diesel powertrains in the areas of combustion, emissions control/OBD, and drivability.
- Perform root cause analysis of issues and discuss countermeasures in a team setting.
- Plan and support emissions testing activities and coordinate overall emission validation projects.
- Perform analysis of conducted testing in respective areas and create reports.
- Detail-oriented mindset and strong project coordination skills required.
- Experience with light-duty gasoline and diesel engine control units, especially Bosch control units
- Understanding of light-duty gasoline and diesel emissions and OBD regulations
- Proficiency with data acquisition and development tools such as INCA and Matlab.
- Ability to author clear and concise technical reports for a wide, global audience
- Bachelor’s degree or 2-4 years’ of related experience
These skills are a plus:
- Training/ certification in data acquisition and development software “ETAS INCA”
- Training/ certification or publications in engine combustion or emissions
- Job training as a vehicle mechatronic or mechanic
It is the policy of GCR to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. GCR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary