Test Equipment Design Site Manager
Test Equipment Design Site ManagerContract 1 year, 40 hours weekly, Non Exempt position
Must be US Citizen Due to federal contract obligations, must be able to obtain a secret clearance
The Test Equipment (TE) Design Site Manager for Torrance, CA will have supervisory responsibility of all TE engineers assigned to the TE Design group in Torrance. This person will:
- Supervise the TE Section Heads and any staff not reporting to TE Section Heads
- Become personally involved in managing the largest tactical issues
- Be accountable for process adherence and quality of all work products from their site
- Manage site staff make-up (balancing site-wide capability)
- Be accountable for proposal preparation, quality, accuracy and delivery
The TE Engineering group is organized into 3 main areas: Design, Fulfillment and Sustainment. The TE Design group handles new TE product development from inception through system integration. The TE Fulfillment group handles new TE product development from formal verification through deployment to the end user. The TE Sustainment group maintains TE products for the remainder of the TE life cycle.
This person will supervise all Section Heads, as well as any engineers not reporting to Sections Heads, in the TE Design function at the Moog Torrance location. Note that this role will also require direct involvement in TE design work as the need arises.
The TE design group employs engineers assigned to subgroups of electrical, mechanical and system design. Supervision of the TE design staff therefore requires a leader with technical capability in each of these disciplines, although it is understood that the person’s strengths will naturally align with her/his formal training and past technical experiences.
Day-to-day activities will include activities such as: conceptualization of design solutions with the staff, review and improvement of technical work in progress and completed by the staff, problem resolution and disposition, proposal work, making priority calls on staff assignments, drawing and document review and correction, training of staff, addressing employee needs and morale, and management group demographics to include recruiting and hiring of staff when necessary. Periodic activities will include: capacity planning, department budgets, resource assignments in collaboration with the TE Fulfillment Site Manager, review of plans, communication meetings with the staff, employee performance discussions, and time card and vacation approvals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 10+ years of design engineering work experience
- Due to federal contract obligations, must be able to obtain a secret clearance
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Previous supervisory experience highly desired
- Experience in the design of products or test equipment solutions for multi-axis, closed loop, servo-hydraulic and electromechanical systems
- Managerial experience supervising a team of Design Engineers
- The TE design group includes engineers assigned to subgroups of electrical, mechanical and system design. Supervision of the TE design staff therefore requires a leader with technical capability in each of these disciplines
- Experience in the aerospace industry
Job Status: Contract/Temporary